As a project manager, it is your responsibility to find a reliable spreadsheet for project management. This tool is a common and indispensable tool in all projects, whether large or small. This is the tool that keeps track of tasks, schedules, budgets, manpower, and the projects themselves.
Most companies prefer Excel spreadsheets for project management because it provides an array of features that can help them in managing projects. The different features and functions that are available with spreadsheets are as follow:
* A Worksheet is an area where items are arranged into columns and rows. As a project manager, you would require a worksheet to keep track of the tasks assigned to a particular person in your team. For example, if you have a marketing project, you may require a worksheet to keep track of the tasks assigned to the people working on the marketing department.
* A File Organization System is a tool used to organize data and files in the application. In a small office like yours, the system would only include your Excel sheets and its sub-sheets. However, in large offices, the system would encompass many different files, including photographs, receipts, press releases, etc.
* A Data Validation worksheet is a tool used to check the accuracy of data entered in a spreadsheet. In an excel spreadsheet, each sheet contains its own data. With a validation sheet, the verification of data would be done before the data is included in the entire worksheet.
* Columns are also a part of a spreadsheet and these are basically the basic features that make it popular among many users. The reason why so many people love this tool is because of its flexibility and ability to manage multiple sheets of data. You could organize different projects in a group by using a worksheet to define columns and rows.
* Calendaring Features are also a feature that helps a team to coordinate their activities. If you are running a business and you would need a project-management tool, then you should consider purchasing a spreadsheet for project management. It is a great tool to keep track of the projects, the progress made, and the time taken.
As you can see, spreadsheet for project management has many features that make it very useful in keeping track of your projects. Using it would make managing a project easier and more convenient.